Sysrex Limited (“Sysrex”) collects and processes personal data via the www.redscan.com website (“Website”). This privacy notice is designed to inform you about the data we collect, what we use it for and your rights regarding the use of this data.
Who is Sysrex?
Sysrex provides data protection and cyber security consultancy services to a wide range of organisations. We are committed to protecting the personal data we hold.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
Why does Sysrex collect and process personal data?
To provide you with information about our products and services, Sysrex collects and processes personal data for sales and marketing communications. To assist in the monitoring of the Website and to enrich your user experience, this data also includes online identifiers including IP addresses and web cookies.
sysrex is committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for these purposes and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
To use your personal data for marketing communications, Sysrex will ensure that you have first provided written or verbal consent to use your data for this purpose. The channels we may use to contact you are email, phone and post. We offer you the ability to choose your communication preferences.
What personal data do we process?
The personal data we may collect and process on you through your use of this website includes:
- Name and job title
- Company name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Postal address
- IP address
Any additional personal data that you chose to share with us will also be processed.
We thrive on not using cookies, and disabled every one of them.
By consenting to this Website privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
You may change your marketing preferences or withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
Sysrex will process and store your personal data only as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose that the data was collected for.
To help process your personal data for the purposes described in this policy, Sysrex may entrust third party processers (“Third Parties”).
Sysrex has contractual agreements in place with all the contracted Third Parties it works with in order to ensure your personal data is used only for the provision of the contracted services and in a manner that is consistent with this policy. Examples of Third Parties include CRM and marketing automation providers.
In instances where personal data is processed by Third Parties outside of the EEA, we ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your information to the same or an equivalent level as would be found in UK and EU data protection legislation. The safeguards we use include:
- Ensuring the country is the subject of an EU adequacy decision
- Ensuring the company is a member of an adequate legally-binding scheme such as EU-US Privacy Shield
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Sysrex refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain (as outlined in the Complaints section below).
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
From time-to-time, Sysrex may update this privacy notice to reflect changes to the personal data we process or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
The date at the bottom of this notice indicates when the notice was last updated.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is processed by Sysrex, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you unhappy about how a complaint has been handled by Sysrex, you have a right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s office in the UK (www.ico.org.uk) or your local supervisory authority.